It’s not too late for a New Years resolution that will help you reduce clutter. The Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance has made it easy with Reduce.org a site that can help you limit the junk coming through your door. Below are some simple steps to get started:
- Reduce calls. Get on the Telemarketing “No Call” list. You can do it online or by phone 1-800-921-4110!
- Reduce mail at home. Tell junk mailers you want to be off their lists by sending a postcard to Mail Preference Service at PO Box 643, Carmel NY 10512-0643. This only works for households.
- Reduce credit card offers at home. Call (1-888-567-8688) to cancel credit card offers from the largest consumer credit bureaus.
- Reduce mail at work. Try Red Flag Services to cancel mail for former employees.
- Reduce Spam (unwanted email). Here’s a list of sites that can help. The quickest tip is to simply delete – but CAUCE can help you be more proactive.
There are a lot more great tips on the Reduce.org site I encourage you to take a look. (Now if I could only find some easy steps for reducing waists!)