If you have a web site, it’s easy to kind of forget about it. It’s built, you probably spent a lot of time on it at one pint but now it’s done. Today I’m going to Detroit Lakes to talk about giving your site a Web Site Check Up. Very quickly these are the things I think you should check on our site periodically:
- Is the info on your site still true? – or are you featuring an upcoming 4th of July sale and a phone number that no longer works?
- Here’s a fun tool that will help you at least check out the links on your site to make sure that they are still good: http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/valet/
- Can the search engines find you? Do a search on your name and a few keyword terms that someone might use to find a business like yours
- Here’s a tool that will tell you how your site ranks with major search engines: www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports
- Are you supporting your site?
- Do you have an email newsletter? Do you mention your URL on your voicemail?
- Are other sites linking to you?
- Here’s a tool that will show you who is linking to you: www.linkpopularity.com
There you go a very quick prescription for a check up.