Yesterday I got to speak with a group of business owners in Owatonna about social media. They are part of a CEO Peer Council sponsored by Enterprise Minnesota. They were a fun group of folks. Some had signed up for Twitter but never used it; most had kids on Facebook; some used YouTube, email lists and LinkedIn; most sent text messages; all wanted to learn more.
I’ll post the presentation I gave below. The group was also interested in some how-to materials so I’ve gathered a list of past Byte on how-tos for them:
- How to Start a Blog: http://byteoftheweek.com/2007/12/12/starting-a-new-blog/ – some things may have changed with the latest version of WordPress but this should give a general idea.
- Why Twitter: http://byteoftheweek.com/2009/06/10/why-twitter/
- Twitter Shortcuts: http://byteoftheweek.com/2009/06/18/twitter-shortcuts/
- Add Twitter feed to Blog: http://byteoftheweek.com/2009/07/08/adding-twitter-feed-to-blog-sidebar/
- RSS Headline Feeds: http://byteoftheweek.com/2008/05/14/rss-headline-feeds/