Just for fun, today’s Byte is a Thanksgiving quiz today. You can share it with your families tomorrow – or just slip some interesting Thanksgiving facts into conversation and let them think you’re the smart one. You can get the answers here below:
1. What year did the Pilgrims have their first Thanksgiving Feast?
2. The Horn of Plenty, or Cornucopia, which symbolizes abundance, originated in what country?
3. With which Nation of Native Americans did the Pilgrims celebrate?
4. About how many people participated in the first Thanksgiving?
5. What president didn’t like the idea of having a national Thanksgiving Day?
6. Which president first established the date of Thanksgiving as a national celebration?
7. How long did the Pilgrims’ voyage to the ‘New World’ last?
8. Who was in favor of making turkey the National Bird of America?
Ponce de Leon
9. When did Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade start?
5. Thomas Jefferson
6. George Washington
7. 66 days
8. Benjamin Franklin
If you have kids, here is a great site to learn more about Thanksgiving (while you watch the game).