Did you make a New Years resolution? Have you kept it? Here are some of thetop resolutions and some online resources to help you keep resolute:
- Lose weight. I have known people who have had great success with E-Diets.
- Get fit. OK, to point you to a web site to keep fit would be silly but here is a fun (dated) article from CBS News on some exercise gadgets they reviews in 2003.
- Spend more time with family. I think the Internet can be a good place to find family activities. I’d start with your local paper (such as http://www.startribune.com/1376/), your local chamber of commerce (such as http://www.saintpaulchamber.com/visitor), or a family-focused site such as FamilyFun.com.
- Find a (better) job. It’s hard to beat Monster for job info and want ads; however LinkedIn can be a great place to search your network of friends and colleagues for contacts.
- Quit Smoking. The CDC has a good site, which I like because unlike many smoking cessation sites it is not sponsored by a tobacco company.
- Help Others. Volunteer Match hosts a great searchable database of volunteer opportunities.
- Get out of Debt. Market Watch has a nice site on personal finance. I like their getting started page – which isn’t so much about getting out of debt but building your finances.